Sunday 23 January 2011

ICT Elective - Week 1

This week has confused me slightly with what the tasks that we will be carrying out actually are, especially with the collaboration the ML elective. I was very confused as to how the work that both electives had to complete (ICT for assessment) was going to help either one of us. This has become clearer over the week and I can see how the groups will be able to work together to achieve an end product (a movie/video clip) and in the process will build on the desired skills. (Although now I am in a group of all ICT elective students).

I am very excited to begin the exchange with another university and I think that doing it in a way that we could also use with children will help us to experience it as both a learner and as a teacher.The input regarding the Bear Exchange was very motivating and from just hearing the idea already feel that it is something I would definitely use with classes during my teaching career.

 My previous experience of ICT through university inputs intrigued me to how these things could be used in a classroom setting, but I would not have had the knowledge or confidence to attempt to implement these with a placement class. I'm hoping that over the course of this elective I will gain more knowledge in the delivery of teaching these aspects of ICT and it will give me the confidence to try some out with a class.

2 comments:

Mrs Tonner-Saunders said...

I like someone who is willing to give things a try and question approaches and this is something you do to ensure you understand. The bear exchange is very exciting and I do hope you get a lot from this.

Tip os the week - you mentioned bear exchange. Why not link to the bear blog to show where we will put our bear stories.

Collette said...

Glad to know you are seeing the link between the two groups. I hope you will gain the confidence to enable you to use technologies effectively in the classroom.